Since i’ve not had much of a chance to make stuff for myself recently (or much time to blog about making anything!) i thought i’d take the opportunity of having a little free time to look back on a few refashions i did a while ago. I realise i have done quite a few posts on the pants refashioning front and not put much up about the tops i’ve done. I don’t have ‘before’ pictures for all of these i’m afraid so you’ll have to use your imagination :)
First up is a plain orange top which i combined with a floral-print top in similar colours ….
Another plain strappy top got some embellishment in the form of a cutout from an old band tshirt:
And another band tshirt was refashioned into a strappy top using a well-fitting top as a template and my first ever (TERRIBLE!) attempt at bias-binding, or rather stretchy binding made from scraps of another tshirt. it has too many seams in it to look good, but in principle it seemed to work ok. The skirt in the bottom photo is another refashion, story for that one coming soon when the other bits i made from the same original item are finished…
Wow, my room was even messier than usual that day… :p
This is a refashion i am frankly not too keen on. Basically i love the top but the straps had stretched out a lot, so i was lazy and doubled them over, then decided to add a bit of a crochet edging to hide them…thus making lots more work for myself. And choosing the ridiculously fluffy yarn for this edging was probably not the best plan either, since although it’s interesting enough, it is a bit overwhelming, not to mention itchy! The ‘lace-up’ bit at the back didn’t really work out how i imagined it either. Suffice to say that i haven’t worn this top since deciding to refashion it a few months ago, so i think it may be up for another round. Maybe i can use the cute little picture as an appliqué on another top (if the photo isn’t good enough for you to see, the writing says ‘Ouchy, love hurts’)
This next is a full-on refashion, from a large skirt into a long-sleeved top. i used a vintage 60s off-shoulder top as a pattern and was pleased with the result.
Sadly the refashioning work is not completely done – after i’d finished sewing i noticed a small stain on the top. Luckily it’s in a place i can reasonably add some embellishment to cover it, so it’s now sitting in my ‘add some little crochet bits to make it prettier’ pile. (not kidding, this pile does exist!)